I want to first thank all of you for your past support of the Hendricks County 4-H Program. This year we are having a hybrid fair, a mix from “normal” and 2020 Covid Fair. 4-Her’s will be showing their animals as normal, however they won’t be staying as long and we will be rotating species in and out every few days to help keep things spread out to some degree. As far as the rest of the fair, we are having many of our normal activities, vendors, and entertainment and hope you will visit the fair throughout the week. Please visit the website at www.4hcomplex.org, for more information.
Last year, although COVID impacted, turned out to be a very successful year for the 4-Her’s that sold in the auction. Through the Auction Fund we raised over $115,000 that was able to be divided amongst all of the Auction 4-Her’s. We hope to be that successful again this year, but we definitely need your help.
For the Auction itself, we are also doing somewhat of a “Hybrid Auction”. The first part will be similar to last year, we will not have a live animal auction, but the 2nd fun and exciting part is our “BUYER’S BONANZA”. Here are the details:
1.4-Her’s will be designating an animal they would like to sell. It will not be our normal 100% disposal auction. 4-Her’s will be able to take the animals home, but we will also have the opportunity to dispose of their animal and ship to market.
2.The Fairboard will compile an “Auction Bill” and it should be available on the website by Sunday, July 18th. You will be able to go to our website at www.4hcomplex.org and download or view a copy of it. New for this year, there will also be pictures of the 4-Her’s with their animals.
3.We will have the option of allowing you to donate to a specific 4-Her, through the use of “Add-on’s” just as we have in the past. We will have a form online that you will be able to fill out and submit, or if preferred, print, fill out and email or drop off. With the use of “Add-on’s”, we will send you a receipt with the relevant information of the 4-Her and you will be able to send your check directly to them, again, the same as we have in the past. The “Add-on” form will have boxes that will need to be filled in from information in the “Auction Bill”. Forms will be available for submission from Sunday 7/18 through Saturday 7/24 @ 7:00 p.m.
4.We are also creating an “Auction Fund”. This fund is created for all of you to have the opportunity to give to many of the 4-Hers. This fund will be used to distribute to 4-Her’s that participate in our “Virtual Auction”. The funds will be distributed to bring the “floor” amount as high as possible. 4-Her’s who receive less in “Add-On’s” will receive more of the fund, those that receive large amounts of “Add-on’s” will receive less from the fund. The Fairboard Livestock committee will review to make sure the fund is distributed equitably. Fund donations will be taken as well from Sunday 7/18 through Saturday 7/24 @ 7:00 p.m.
5.There will be a link on the website at www.4hcomplex.org to click to be able to donate to the “Auction Fund”. This should be live by Saturday, July 17th. We will email out links when they go live.
Now the new and fun part – our “Buyer’s Bonanza”
- On Friday 7/23 – we are inviting you to the fairgrounds and the NSSB Arena for a couple of hours of fun, networking, and giving to the 4-Her’s.
- We will begin registration and check-in at 4:30 p.m.
- You will be able to fill out Add-on cards, donate to specific 4-Her’s and give to the Auction Fund all at the event if you haven’t had the opportunity earlier in the week.
- At 5:30 we will have Dinner – Porkburger, chips, and drink along with $5 of Fair Bucks for you to use for desert at the vendor of your choice.
- At 6:00 we will begin an auction of numerous items. We will have a few breaks to introduce 10 year 4-Her’s, Queen Court, and Supreme Showman as well as some other possible entertainment.
- The auction items are listed below with more being added up to the fair. This money will all go into the Auction Fund to be distributed as explained above. Auction Items:
- Reserved Premium Parking Spot for the 2022 Fair
- Downtown Bottleworks Night package – Hotel stay for 1 night, $100 restaurant gift card & bottle of wine.
- Naming Rights for the North/South Hall for 2022 Fair
- Wood Carvings – Purdue, IU, Notre Dame
- Chauffeured Day at the Fair 2022- $50 fair bucks, carnival wrist bands, tickets to grandstand event (Up to 5 people, cannot be on Thursday)
- Free concert tickets and backstage pass for 2022 concert
- Grandstand events pass for the week of 2022 fair (4 passes)
- Indians Game Suite on August 26th for 12 people & VIP for 2 with food.
- Pair of box seats “Phish” concert at Ruoff Music Center – August 8th
- We plan to wrap up the evening by 7:00 p.m.
- We are asking that those coming to the Buyer’s Bonanza be willing to support through the Auction above or general donations to the Auction Fund of at least $100.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or thoughts, you are probably not alone. Please reach out to me via email, phone call or text message at numbers below.
Thanks for all your support and we look forward to making the “Virtual Auction” and our Buyer’s Bonanza a huge success.
Hendricks County Fairboard