I want to first thank all of you for your past support of the Hendricks County 4-H Program. This year we are back to our new normal of a fair!! 4-Her’s will be showing their animals as normal with a few changes to show days and times. We are so happy to be able to give 4-Her’s that real 4-H experience. We have plenty of activities going on throughout the week and would love to see you at the fair. Please visit the website at www.4hcomplex.org, for more information.
Last year, although a hybrid auction, turned out to be another very successful year for the 4-Her’s that sold in the auction. Through the Auction Fund we raised over $85,000 that was able to be divided amongst all of the Auction 4-Her’s. We hope to be that successful again this year, but we definitely need your help.
With the success of the past couple of years auction wise and the ability to go back to a “normal” fair, we have come up with a new version called the Hendricks County Super Sale!! This will be a combination of our Buyer’s Bonanza and our past live in person animals getting sold.
- 1st year through 9th year 4-Her’s will be selling their animals virtually. You will be able to do “Add-on’s” for any 4-Her you would like just as always in the past.
- 10th year 4-Her’s are going to be able to bring their live animals into the ring for auction sale! One half of the proceeds for their sale will be kept by the 4-Her and the other half will go into the Super Sale fund to be distributed to all participants.
- The Fairboard will compile an “Super Sale” bill and it should be available on the website by Sunday, July 17th. You will be able to go to our website at www.4hcomplex.org and download or view a copy of it. On it will be all of the information needed to see what 4-Hers are selling what animals. New for this year, there will also be pictures of the 4-Her’s with their animals.
- We will have the option of allowing you to donate to a specific 4-Her, through the use of “Add-on’s” just as we have in the past. We will have a form online that you will be able to fill out and submit, or if preferred, print, fill out and email or drop off. With the use of “Add-on’s”, we will send you a receipt with the relevant information of the 4-Her and you will be able to send your check directly to them, again, the same as we have in the past. The “Add-on” form will have boxes that will need to be filled in from information in the “Auction Bill”. Forms will be available for submission from Sunday 7/18 through Saturday 7/24 @ 7:00 p.m.
- We are also once again doing our Auction fund, but now dubbed the “Super Sale Fund”. This fund is created for all of you to have the opportunity to give to many of the 4-Hers. This fund will be used to distribute to 4-Her’s that participate in the virtual and live sale. The funds will be distributed evenly amongst all of the 4-Her’s in the Super Sale.
- There will be a link on the website at www.4hcomplex.org to click to be able to donate to the “Super Sale Fund”. This should be live by Saturday, July 16th. We will email out links when they go live.
- The details of our Hendricks County Super Sale are as follows:
a)On Friday 7/22 – we are inviting you to the fairgrounds and the NSSB Arena for a couple of hours of fun, networking, and giving to the 4-Her’s.
b)We will begin registration and check-in at 4:30 p.m.
c)You will be able to fill out Add-on cards, donate to specific 4-Her’s and give to the Super Sale Fund all at the event if you haven’t had the opportunity earlier in the week.
d)At 5:30 we will have Dinner – Porkburger, chips, and drink along with $5 of Fair Bucks for you to use for desert at the vendor of your choice.
e)At 6:00 we will begin an auction of numerous items including live animals by our 10 year 4-Her’s.
f)We will be visited by our Queen and Court, and Supreme Showman as well as some other possible entertainment.
g)The auction items are listed below with more being added up to the fair. This money will all go into the Auction Fund to be distributed as explained above. Sale Items:
i.Reserved Premium Parking Spot for the 2023 Fair
ii.Downtown Bottleworks Night package – Hotel stay for 1 night, $100 restaurant gift card & bottle of wine.
iv.Beef/Dairy Steer Basket
ix.Naming Rights for the North/South Hall for 2023 Fair – This year it is the “Justin Dorsey Plumbing North/South Hall”
x.Wood Carvings – Purdue, IU, Notre Dame
xi.Chauffeured Day at the Fair 2023- $50 fair bucks, carnival wrist bands, tickets to grandstand event (Up to 5 people, cannot be on Thursday)
xii. Llama basketxiii.Grandstand events pass for the week of 2023 fair (4 passes)
xiv.Lifetime Fair Pass
- We plan to wrap up the evening by 7:30 p.m.
8. You will be getting a separate email in the next couple of days with an electronic ticket to be used once during the fair for admission into the fairgrounds. We look forward to seeing you Friday or everyday!!
9. We are asking that those coming to the Super Sale be willing to support through the Sale above or general donations to the Super Sale Fund of at least $100.
10. Some more exciting news we are changing recognition of buyers. Please see attached sheet for recognition of different levels of buyers.
As we get back to our new normal fair, we appreciate your willingness to help the 4-Her’s as they work hard with their animals and put on the best show we can. Let’s show them how much we appreciate their diligence in completing and showing their animals.
If you have ANY questions, concerns or thoughts, you are probably not alone. Please reach out to me via email, phone call or text message. My number is below.
Thanks for all your support and we look forward to making the Hendricks County Super Sale a huge success.
Hendricks County Fairboard